Double Orphan Pension

If neither parent of the child in your care is available to provide care, you may be eligible for the Double Orphan Pension.


·        Both parents do not need to have died - one may be 'unable and unavailable' (for example, in prison, in residential psychiatric care or whereabouts unknown).

·        Some refugee children may be considered as double orphans and the child in your care needs to be aged under 16 years.

·        You need to be eligible for the Family Tax Benefit disregarding the income test.

·        This payment is neither income nor assets tested.


Further information

·        visit

·        call the Family Assistance Office on 13 6150   or

·        visit the Family Assistance Office located in Medicare offices and Centrelink Customer Service Centres