Mobility Allowance

The child in your care may be eligible for the Mobility Allowance if they:

·        are 16 years and over

·        cannot use public transport without substantial assistance because of a disability for the next 12 months or more, and

·        need to travel to and from your home for work, training or job seeking.

To get the standard rate of Mobility Allowance they must also:

·        be undertaking vocational training, voluntary work, paid work, independent living or life skills training (or a combination) for at least 32 hours every four weeks

·        be receiving the Youth Allowance and be required to meet the Activity Test, or

·        have an agreement to look for work through an employment services provider such as Job Services Australia or Disability Employment Services.

Further information

·        visit

·        call Centrelink on 13 2717 or

·        visit a Centrelink Customer Service Centre